OT Chevrolet Tahoe

Saw an ad on TV advertising the Tahoe. General Motors is advertising that it gets the best fuel economy in its class. I was just wondering what class? The thing only gets 15mpg according fueleconomy.gov How gullible would General Motors think someone would be to buy a Tahoe for its great gas mileage. I guess the auto industry is still confident from when they put 4WD on a station wagon, jacked the price up $15-20K and then they sell like hotcakes. Go figure.

Reply to
Bill Berckman

I don't get it either - exactly how high does one have to be dropped as a baby to buy a monster like that?? But then I never understood buying one of those things, even when gas was cheap.. (a real truck like an F250, sure - but what is a a tahoe for?)

Here's an interesting little car they showed on "Top Gear" a couple of weeks ago (of course it is invented by those evil Dutch :)

-- 43 miles/gallon. Remco

Reply to
remco

But you can't carry much in that Dutch creation. And it looks like you could get dizzy pretty fast if you hit a curvy road.

Reply to
Funkie

I'd imagine it behaves somewhat like a motorbike so it would be a good dizzy.

It seems to be a nice alternative commuter car to me (until someone in a tahoe has to wipe you off their windshield, that is :)

Reply to
remco