OT: FS on Ebay: cheap 356 Engine, complete

Pocket change. :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

I just scraped 2 of them ... :o)

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

I could use that engine to put in the 356 Cabriolet or Notchback that I am working on. Wish I did have the Speedster. :-(

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Those are nice cars. I know a guy that has been thinking of selling his (a 56 I think it is)

Reply to
Remco

One day they may get finished! lol

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
John Crichton

keep the drivel in the shit hole...don't bring it here...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Reply to
John Crichton

Yeah, I hear ya.

Actually, to me working on the bug is most the fun. I'm definitely working harder to finish mine now: recently saw a nice mid 60 vert for sale that needs work but she won't let me buy it this one has to be done first. She also didn't let me get a bus for the same reason - such spoil sports, these women.. :)

Although actually _driving_ a nice, all done 356 cabrio will definitely not suck..

Reply to
Remco

Just be thankfull she said NO !

You could end up with a yard full of projects, and no time to get them all done :-)

Hmmmm - must find some more time to do mine !

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Yeah, huh.. :)

Actually, she has plenty of other projects for me anyway. Had some friends over during the weekend and she was telling them that we were planning to remodel our upstairs bathroom (new tub, tile), redo the dining room (she wants a tray ceiling), put case moulding all over the formal areas of this house and paint everything - all apparently before the end of this year.

Not sure who this "we" was she was talking about but suspect it is the cesarian Remco.. :)

I was hoping to go full bore working on my bug again. Just got done (well, almost done) tearing off a back porch and rebuilding it - haven't touched my bug in nearly a month now because of that project..

Reply to
Remco

Well it would be getting cold out there ! She wouldn't want you coming down with something .

I do like those tin ceilings though, you dont see many of them over here.

Reply to
tricky

I bought a garage heater this year so no freezing fingers for me this year. Last year I actually froze a wet glove to my frame - I kid you not. :)

No, not a tin ceiling, although she wanted that at first - the material for that is actually quite expensive. With a tray ceiling, the edges (perhaps 30 cm or so) are dropped by about 3 cm - envision a very large tea tray upside down with crown moulding. The room is fairly large so gives it some visual interest. The construction is not a huge deal, but the plaster mess always is (dust, etc). She also wants a chair rail and fake paneling along the wall. At least that part will not be difficult, since the room will be emptied to do the ceiling anyway.

My death will be due to those home restoration TV shows: Our house is fairly old (by US standards) and these shows proudly tout how people bring them back to their original glory. That's where my wife gets most her ideas..

Reply to
Remco

Good ol Steve n Norm !

Reply to
tricky

that seems to be a pretty common statement made to me... as usual, i don't think it will happen....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

........You do seem a little less 'volatile' these days. Still a little edgy and combative but nothing compared to the old days........

.................sigh

Reply to
Tim Rogers

You make that sound like a bad thing :o)

LOL Some day I will be able to work on MY VW's .

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

funny you should say OLD days....i guess i'm just getting old....plus Thesamba.com can make one lose all faith in the future of acvw's....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Loose the cable subscription for the tv, tell her The Net is more than enough.. :)

J.

Reply to
Berg

Not much actual bike talk over at "a.m.sportbike" either, most slander, gossip and politics...

J.

Reply to
Berg