OT: Old ramva posts.

I've spent the last two hours going through old posts from 1999. Anyone realize RAMVA was hoppin' back then? It's so quiet now. I think we all got old and started going to bed at 6 pm. Anyway, I found this post and just thought I'd throw it back up here for amusement. Originally posted January 8, 2000

AND if it's ever questioned, I DID make a useful on topic post. Once. I have the proof!

Wait a minute here--Who's the "Kidd Goddess?" I've gotten used to seeing "Kidd >Goddess Anderssen." Now we find out she's only a girlfriend. I guess she >met Jan >and decided to drop the Anderssen. >>No No! (I wondered if anyone would notice that...) I took it out for the simple

fact that upon conversation of marriage (which I am proud to say I didn't bring up to start with) and deciding that maybe one day, but not now, it will mean more later if Andersson becomes part of my daily life. That's why I took it out. It was something done before we were.. yanno.. in a "relationship" (Man I hate that word sometimes).. we just wanted to see if anyone would notice. Then it just kinda stayed there.. but then in the coversation that 'M' word popped up and I took it out. It's not to insult Jan, and it's not to unclaim him or anything. It's just to make it more special if the time comes later that it belongs to me. :) >>

Just wanted to remind Jan and the other oldies that I now wear Kidd Andersson proudly!

Also I read an ancient post about too many OTs that resulted in a cat fight between 3 of us girls, which I seem to be the only remaining one of. Well, I still stick with the fact that if ya don't want to read OT posts, don't read them. :) So I don't wanna hear crap about this one!

Kidd Andersson

"A hundred days to make me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies to make me colder and I don't think I could look at this the same, but all the miles that seperate disappear now when I remember your face."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Nor-Cal VW's

Speaking of Old,

Nor-Cal VW's

Ramva hasn't EXISTED for more than 10 years.. it was founded in 94 :) (When the watercooled and aircooled crowd wanted to split)

This is what I remember from older discussions, I joined about teh same time as a lurker.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Hehehehe

I snagged these to from all over the net several years ago and host them at my site now... just to make sure they don't disappear..

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

When Ramva was one of the only Aircooled forums out there, everyone came here. Then people started creating web based forums, and many left. Ramva may never be what it was then as far as sheer numbers, but now we have a good quality of people instead of a large quantity. :o) . Bill Berckman Cincinnati VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures

Bill Berckman

Reply to
Nor-Cal VW's

Hehehehe

Thanks Dave, I will do my best... :)

Jan

Nor-Cal VW's wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

On 13 Jan 2004 05:53:52 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMOUT (Bill Berckman) scribbled this interesting note:

I've been reading ramva since 1995 or so and started posting in 1996. The number of participants isn't the important part. You are correct when you say it is the quality of the participants. And remember, there are far more participants, that is, people who read the group, than there appear by only looking at who posts.

As to the web-based forums, I rarely look at them. The web has it's uses. One of them, for me, is whenever I need a particular question answered, I use Google to search the Usenet for answers. Only if I can't find the answer there do I search the web.

Ramva is a very good resource. The level of expertise is high. The level of cooperation is high. The level of camaraderie is high. The level of flames and spam is low. What more could you ask for?:~)

John Willis

Jan is defineately the man with the largest...I mean the most number of posts. :o) I started posting here in 97, and did not have a VW at the time, but got motivated to get one after reading about what everyone was doing with theirs. Now I have to get that generator back in that Tim gave me, to get it running again. My father in law is going to help me put it in, but he has been sick and not felt like doing it yet. I did jump start it today and drive it for a quick run around the block just to run it a little. It died when pulling back in the driveway and I had to jump it again to get it back in the garage.

Bill Berckman Cincinnati VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures

Bill Berckman

So it's okay so long as you just READ crap about this OT post?

Reply to
mez

I read ramva at least once a week but don't post much anymore. I'm not one of the "clique" so my posts often go unanswered(noticed, I guess. Everyone likes to be noticed). My appreciation and use of the ACVW goes in a direction most on this group don't identify with. I used it for autocross competition, not car shows, not drag racing, not street driving. admittedly a long time(15+ yrs.) ago but we are talking about an old car here and the tips are still valid. I used to answer posts about handling modifications but was so often disagreed with by the more "combative" and well known members that I stopped. As I said, most are not really interested in handling so nothing really was lost and as far as I could tell no-one really noticed. Now I lurk and do enjoy the topics and just occasionally participate.

Mike (lurker) T

Reply to
Mike T

Huh? Did you say something?

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Hey Mike,

I use my bug for the same purposes. I'm trying to build a Kafer Cup style bug for the street. One that would have the same effect that my old '58 with its modified Porsche Super engine did. It was a sleeper or Q car. No one expected it to go fast - not even the police.

I'm located in NC

Dave T.

Mike T wrote:

Reply to