Ramva site?

I was thinking maybe we could put up a site for RAMVA, with photos of our members and their cars, or of members WITH their cars.. Maybe tiny bios to go with? Suggestions of what else to put on there? Anybody even remotely interested??

Kidd "A hundred days to make me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies to make me colder and I don't think I could look at this the same, but all the miles that seperate disappear now when I remember your face."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

There used to be one hosted by John S., no longer there IIRC.

B.C. Bugger

"Kidd Andersson" wrote

It could happen here:

if Funkie is up to it.

Reply to
Scott H

If I remember right, Jan had the RAMVA virtual autoshow thingy going on years back. Then again, I'm gettin old so my memory might just be crap.....

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

It has already been done, sort of.. in 2 separate sites, both mine. :) (these haven't been actively advertised here, due to lack of time on my part to handle entries)

The Ramva Virtual Car Show site is still up, I just quit maintaining it.

No pics of people presently, just cars.

Or we could just expand on the RamvaWorld site (another one of my sites) by simply adding pictures and short bios:

I do accept entries here still. Expect some delay until yours is entered.

At noth sites, it is not possible to add your infop automatically, all entries go through me and I review them manually. Picture sizes need editing and such.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

See my other reply :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

That's one of the problems with couples today - they don't communicate ;)

Reply to
mez

Put a picture of me with a car I wish I had. And heck, put up a picture of someone much cooler-looking than me with it.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

...................LOL!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

It's a good idea, one which Jan and Funkie have both done. Both great sites, but people are busy so don't always get the time to update...

I think the best idea would be to have a database-driven site which would enable the users to add/delete/update their own details, pictures of their car, location, etc. It would be great to be able to search for owners in a certain area, etc. Similar to the squarewindowregistry website.

It would be quite simple to make such a site... but I don't currently have the time/expertise... at the moment... maybe next year I will...

-- Howard Rose '66 Beetle 1300 '62 Mini 850 '64 Mini 850

Howard Rose

My what a novel idea.

jjs

It would be quite simple to build a drop-dead fast Type-1... but I don't currently have the ..../expertise.

Reply to
jjs

LOL

I had forgotten about that.... hehehe

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Where's Molly?!?!? John...?

B.C. Bugger

That brings back some old memories. :o)

Bill Berckman Cincinnati VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures

Bill Berckman

Interested.

Link list.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

I'm definetively interested. I would be cool to have some pics from the ramvites and their rides, and maybe some brief notes on the current state of our bugs.....

Ant

Kidd Andersson wrote in this friggin' newsgroup:

Reply to
Ant

I already have a db engine and photo upload scripts for

- it is pretty basic but it works. Wouldn't be too much work to modify that code to work for this site. Ongoing maintenance is minimal since it is community maintained.

knt

Kidd Anderss> I was thinking maybe we could put up a site for RAMVA

Reply to
knt

IT LIVES! MUAHAHAHAHA!

that is me btw

scary, no?

:-)

Reply to
Ryan Moore

Whyncha warn somebody first before you do that!!! LOL :o)

Oh, and me (and Meredith):

B.C. Bugger