OT: One VW casualty of CA Fires

A closer view:

Eddie

-1965 Sedan

Eddie wrote:

Eddie

Thats an oval (53 57) that really sucks , I hate to see any good aircooled wasted in any way.

Reply to
Kafertoys

One less oval window. Sad. Andy

Andy

Is there still a way to "Reheat Treatment" that burnt oval window Bug by heating up the whole body until it is red hot and the right away "quenching" the whole thing in a big tub of water? Can it still be saved? Material which has been previously heat-treated can generally be reheat treated any number of times. Although, the fact that it heated up so hot to the point where even the glass melted and it cooled off gradually without quenching it right away would have let all the important elements in the metal body to essentially "evaporate". Who really knows.

I hate so see air-cooled bugs get wasted like this. Maybe someone can buy the bug just for the VIN# and rebuild a whole new oval or split window from the ground up from parts off of many other salvaged cars and from parts catalogs across the globe. It would have a salvage title, but who cars. An oval window is an oval window and they are getting so hard to come by.

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Is there still a way to "Reheat Treatment" that burnt oval window Bug by heating up the whole body until it is red hot and then right away "quenching" the whole thing in a big tub of water? Can it still be saved? Material which has been previously heat-treated can generally be reheat treated any number of times. Although, the fact that it heated up so hot to the point where even the glass melted and it cooled off gradually without quenching it right away would have let all the important elements in the metal body to essentially "evaporate". Who really knows.

I hate so see air-cooled bugs get wasted like this. Maybe someone can buy the bug just for the VIN# and rebuild a whole new oval or split window from the ground up from parts off of many other salvaged cars and from parts catalogs across the globe. It would have a salvage title, but who cares. An oval window is an oval window and they are getting so hard to come by.

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Then you need to retire.

=A0

Reply to
Meyer

I did, i do this all for fun where have you been. And even so do the highest quality.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Wow Mario, is that really an oval? I couldn't tell by looking at the picture and seeing the oval window. Thanks for pointing that out.

Reply to
Legion of Doom

It's depressing. another good reason to keep your car up and running. for an escape.

Reply to
'nam vet.