OT Some will be happy to hear...

...that I'm getting my throat cut open tomorrow. And my nose. Again. Begone, apnea stuff! Begone! The doctor told me in advance that I should drink plenty of fluids after the procedure. I'll do my best. Wish me luck. The anesthesia stuff always spooks me out some.

Reply to
Shaggie

Good luck Shagster...........and you think body work is expensive....hope you have good insurance....Eric 68 Bug 62 Ghia both topless

Reply to
Stutzsr

Good luck. I had that surgery a few years ago. They also ended up having to break my cheek bone and nose to get things right. You're going to love that packing up your nose ! Anybody tell you how it feels when they take that out ?

It worked really well for about 6 months, then I broke my nose again.

Randy

RSMEINER

I'm with you on that anesthesia thing. Totally freaks me out, too. Wake up feeling horrible. My thoughts are with you!

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott

71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)" KG6RCR
Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Good luck

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Hope things go very smooth for you Shaggie. and hey beers a liquid right? recovery shouldn't be to bad

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Good luck Travis. My wife who shared her experiences with this problem through email with you in the past is seriously contemplating having the same procedure. She's really sick and tired of that @#$%^&* C-Pap machine.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

good luck, buddy...if you need anything let me know....

------------------- Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Best of luck Shaggie. Will be thinking about you tomorrow. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

Just don't eat anything solid for awhile. Ice cream is good. Jello, so, so. Millers good.

Does your face look like someone beat the crap out of you ? Another guy had this done at the same time I did. Different surgeon. He came out looking like someone had taken a ball bat to him. I looked about like I did when I went in. Even after having my nose and cheek rebroken and reset, no black eyes and little swelling.

Don't you have all that gauze packing up your nose ?

Randy

RSMEINER

So is this Sam Adams Hefeweizen. ;-)

Usually. :-) I didn't mention I had plastic surgery to make me beautiful while I was having the other stuff done? JUST KIDDING. No, my face isn't swollen up but my neck is a little bit and the inside of my throat is too. I started to doze off a little bit earlier today and was woken up again twice when I quit breathing when my throat closed up. The doctor said it would get worse for a few days until the swelling went down, but after about 4-6 weeks that usually someone who snored an "8" or "9" on a scale of 1-10 would be brought down to a "1" or "2" level and that hopefully the apnea thing would completely go away.

They took it out just before I left the hospital and it wasn't pleasant, but it wasn't as bad as the last time I had the procedure done. Plenty of blood, but no chunks like last time. :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

Yep, the snoring goes way way down. Or at least mine did until I broke the nose again doing stupid things.

I had someone describe getting the packing removed as feeling like they were pulling all your brains out thru your nose. Pretty much described it. It was an attention getter for me. I had to have that crap up there for a couple of days. Damned near drove me insane or further insane.

Randy

RSMEINER

Glad you're alright. Just tell Kim no hitting above the neck for awhile. Or below the belt... that's just wrong. :)

Kidd What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale? A northern fairytale starts out "Once upon a time..." A southern fairytale starts with "Ya'll ain't gonna believe this shit..."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson