OT Somehow this does NOT remind me of...

...the song "Everyone's A Winner" by Hot Chocolate.

Shag

Trav, we got people in Chicago driving away from license suspension hearings all the time. That's why insurance rates are so high.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
Charles Fregeau

I still remember "back in the day" (this was about 20 years ago) when I lost my license for "willful speed competition with another motor vehicle" (exact wording on the ticket...and YES, I won the race :-). I went to court over it and the judge dude told me I had to surrender my driver's license for 30 days (and in those 30 days I ripped the exhaust system off of my car and replaced it with headers, glasspacks, and dual-exhaust to make it go faster) and I asked the judge how I was supposed to get home. He said "Well, you can't drive since you don't have a license to drive now." I walked out into the parking lot, got in my car, turned the key, and WOW! The car started right up. I drove home. I guess the judge didn't know what he was talking about. I drove home without a license just fine. I was doing construction work with my dad at the time and drove his pickup-truck back-and-forth between the job site and Lowes dozens of times, too. Man. I thought judges were supposed to be smart. :-)

Reply to
Shag

No, I think most of them are just smart heinies. Must be because they have to be lawyers first. .

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
Charles Fregeau