OT:........VERY OT but you guys a have a sense of humor.

Try this Link to an ebay item I found. I laughed a while. I know it's not nearly as funny looking as some of the stuff you guys come up with but the story was great.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

So how much do you think you will get for it, Scott?

Reply to
jjs

Funny you should ask John. I went on a learning expedition about "outsider art" and learned that some is very valuable, while a lot of it is fairly inexpensive. There were about 20 pages of listings on eBay when I looked and seems like dolls and books are pretty expensive to me. however I was kinda intrigued to find that there was a really bad third rgade crayola drawing of , I think, Wrigley Field that was going up there pretty high. seems like it was over 300 bucks. I suspect though, this book will be a winner and there's a "voodo" doll the same guy has listed. I suspect the doll will fetch some money. Maybe as much as or more than 100 bucks to start my guessing. I am not sure what kind of mind buys this stuff, or what make it valuable, but i certainly have learned a handful of odd things reading about it too.

I went back and looked while I was writing this post and looking at the third item this guy put up, it dawned on me that the "baby shoe shrine " may bring a good price also. The poster is quite slick in his presentation if you ask me........even if you don't ask me.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Fringe things are a super niche market. Methinks I found my retirement plan!

Reply to
jjs

I have a friend (hard to believe, I know, but true) who quit his job working for Becton Dickinson about 3 years ago when he got fed up with management. He started buying and reselling stuff on ebay. He's been able to pay the bills doing that. Not sure how "well" he's doing since I haven't met up with him in person for a while, but from what he tells me when I talk to him online things are still going ok. He made up a website... Lemme see if I can find it... Here ya go:

Interesting web site. :-)I went to college with this dude in case y'all are wondering where Imet a character like him.

Reply to
Shag

Am I allowed to say "Only in America" here ? :0)

J.

Rammstein uber alles!

Reply to
P.J.Berg

"Here" is the safest place to say that.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

OK, this is an interesting item:

What's hard to believe is that a redneck like you actually went to college :~)

Neil

Reply to
Neil

The degree I "earned" is in "Computer Engineering." If someone held a gun to my head then I think I could recite Ohm's Law. ;-)

Reply to
Shag

but anyone should be able to do that: V=I x R, where V = Voltage, I = Current and R = Resistance. I learned that in the 8th grade. But I don't remember the what numbers the color bands on resistors mean any more. But then again, do they even use resistors in electronics now days??

Neil

Reply to
Neil

As you may or may not know, Slartibartfast by the by is a character from 'Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy'... He is one of the ancient peoples who created earth (hired by the mice). He specialized in fjords.

Reply to
Karl

i remember the resistor color code by this little saying... bad booze rots our young guts, but vodka goes well, or bad boys rape our young girls, but violet gives willingly

0 black 1 brown 2 red 3 orange 4 yellow 5 green 6 blue 7 violet 8 grey 9 white

Resistors generally have four color bands The color code is read as follows: First, look up the number values of the first two bands on the table and combine the two numbers. Then multiply this two digit number by the value of the 3rd band, the multiplier band. The resulting number is the resistance value of the resistor in ohms. The fourth band is the tolerance band. If the 4th band is gold, the resistor is guaranteed to be within 5% of the rated value. If the 4th band is silver, it is guaranteed to be within 10%. If there is no 4th band, the resistor is guaranteed to be within 20% of the rated value.

clear as mud huh? : )

Reply to
dragenwagen