OT: Why somtimes a helmet is not enough..(At your own discretion, blah blah blah..)

Enjoy.

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Wow. I was (and still am, as I type) eating a big chunk of beef jerky when I clicked on that link. My wife just got her email confirmation back that she's scheduled to take the motorcycle safety course thingie on April 7-9. We looked at bikes for her this weekend. Hopefully she'll be riding with me on her own bike in the near future. I just hope she doesn't turn into a "biker" like stafford. HA! :-D

Reply to
Shag

Maybe a little family-orientedf warning would be in order.. this pic is nasty. Seen it before too.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

............I don't disagree but I did put that link in a folder for future use when my 17 year old asks again about getting a motorcycle.

.....knot on my dime he won't.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Tim Rogers

use when my 17 year old asks again about getting a motorcycle

Tim I understand that......I only say that because most young riders want plastic bikes that are now doing over 200 with easy. And then the think their all engineers that can safely redesign the bike and with very few years of riding experience push them to the limit. The guy in the picture was a pro...:o( (Damn I must be getting old)

Mario Vintage Werks Resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

A sobering image. I would tend to think not real. Maybe wishfull thinking ?

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Unfortunately I see small and big accidents almost everyday. Last Friday a car without a door (the door was about 50 m beyond the car) and two guys laying on the rood 100 meters before the car.

Joao

Reply to
joao_eliseu

It's right there in the subject line!:

"(At your own discretion, blah blah blah..)"

Jørn.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

"P.J. Berg" schreef in bericht news:fdVAf.4046$zc1.3969@amstwist00...

Outch... My (soon)brother in law has a race license and is racing with a 1000cc bike. Forwarded this link ASAP... :o) What the heck happend to this guy? Ran into a truck?

Roger

Reply to
bug '59

i may be selling mine...have him email me...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

So that was a pic of a real person... not a doctored fake?

Reply to
KWW

............parenthood is finally having a good effect on you

.....you'll be watching nicklodeon before long

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I'm thinking of selling mine, too. So I can buy a faster one. :-P

Reply to
Shag

It may not be a fake, but that's hard to tell from posted pics like that. I do note a couple of items of thought. Glove with no hand in it ( could have been knocked off I suppose) no blood puddles (might be just the parts gathered up after the fact ) I'd think there'd be some blood from even the parts, to gather around them a little bit. But like I said,....gathered up and moved.....maybe.

I dunno............could be real..........could be a doctored up fake.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB

don't bet the farm on that one tim....i actually need to get rid of some vehicles....need engine parts since the bug is gonna be torn apart for some major mods and a new stroker....the bike is easy to sell....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

You better, cause right now yer half-fast.

Reply to
istoo

As a former military medic, let me assure the picture is almost certainly real. The parts were picked up and put in the pile. Looks like he ran under a truck or something.

Reply to
istoo

I suppose this means a "salvage title" for sure.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

I'm still having a hard time buyin' it...........hell, even the beef in my fridge bleeds on the plate a little ...........many days after butchering. Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB

Take it from me. The picture is real. They dragged the pieces to one spot. All the blood is 'over there' somewhere.

John Boy in MinneSNOWta.

Reply to
istoo