Plugged Fuel Line

Can someone tell me the best and easest way to replace a blocked fuel line. I have tried everything to clean it out with no luck. What will work best rubber steel or copper lines and how would be the best way to run it so that it does not get cought on anything? After setting about 3 years after being pulled from a lake I seem to be seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Now most of the things are mostly small problems.

Reply to
Packrat46

1/4" soft copper is easiest to run. You can run it inside along the tunnel on the passenger side. Clamp it to the tunnel.

You can also run it outside along the outer rim where the body to pan bolts are.

There *is* a drawback to copper; it can work-harden with vibration and (in extreme case) fracture. In real life, that's probably not a problem in this app.

If you like steel, you can still make a nice neat job running inside and clamping to the tunnel. Hold it an inch or so off the floor and it won't rust (the way the factory brake line does:-(

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

1/4 aluminum...run it through the tunnel...like stock. Its only a couple hours of grief and its done forever

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Nice alternative. Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Packrat46

This is how I got my body off:

is an older picture - the frame has now been stripped and issitting on a rollaround workbench) The body can hover just mm over the frame, if that is what is needed and can do it without any help. Since you're not doing a body off, your stands would not need to do anything near as elaborate. Maybe just a 2x6 on each side with some sturdy supports, just long enough to hover the body a couple of inches over the frame.

Remco

Remco