Re: Plugged fuel line problem

twice my ACVW has come to a halt. both times it seems the fuel line was

> plugged, what is going on here? > and just blowing back , by mouth , was too hard. =A0A compressor did it. > if this ever happens again, could reversing =A0the =A0fuel pump hoses =A0b= low > out the line.? =A0what would be a good road side fix? > > TIA > g. > > -- > when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer. > =A0problems tend to look like nails.

you moight want to replace the sock filter in the tank, remove the 21 mm nut that holds the line under the tank and useing a small aluminum ring that is part of the sock filter. this will also give you an idea if there is crud in the botom of your tank.

with the tank out, you can run an old clutch cable (end removed thru the metal body fuel line.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

" P.O.W." schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@sn-ip.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net...

This road side fix would only work if you have a passenger; Take of the aircleaner from the carb, block the top of the carb by putting your hand flat on the top and have someone start the engine. Now not only the pump is pumping but also your four cillinders.. I have a spraycan cap that fits nicely on top of the carb so i can do this trick when i'm driving alone (or when i take out the '59 after sitting in the garage for a while)

Works every time....

Roger

Reply to
bug '59