Questions about water-cooled conversions

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 18:59:56 -0500, John Willis ran around screaming and yelling:

hehe...that was my point.... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

...................Now I'm starting to remember why I like it up here in NY.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Just to clarify....

If I *could* find a vert' without serious body problems (Every one I've looked at looks like it will split in two if I put it up on a lift) then I wouldn't want/need an A/C - At this point it looks like I will be going with a hardtop coupe. Alternatly, I'd love a vert in good shape with no rust - even the '100% restored' convertibles I've seen just have lots of bubbly paint dumped over a mix of rust & bondo.

Having said that, none of that helps me with my lack of heat problem, along with low maintinance / reliability. Someone suggested a POS Miata, but thats not what I want - I'd like something with a little charachter.

Noone has yet told me if what I'd like to do (G10 3yl. Water cooled engine install in a Ghia) is possible / practical. Thats all I really wanted to know ;) - If it is not, can anyone give me any advice / info about the Subaru 1.6 and Rotary Engine conversions?

-Anthony

Reply to
Anthony Iannone

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 01:02:22 -0500, Anthony Iannone scribbled this interesting note:

With enough determination and money most anything is achievable. If your budget is big enough, and you will see the project through, and are either able to do the work yourself or have a great mechanic (those are rare as hen's teeth) then yes, what you want can be done.

John Willis

"Anthony Iannone" wrote

Try these forums:

forums both deal with engine/drivetrain conversions.

Reply to
Scott H

I'm next-door to you right now, Tim. Sitting in a hotel in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania waiting for 11pm to go work on a customer's network until 6am. Just like last night/earlier this morning. Like Hank Jr said, "No, I just don't fit in, and I'm never comin' back again! I'm busted here and got Dixie on my mind! YEE HAW!"

Reply to
Shaggie

............You're about 2 1/2 hours drive from here. I-476 north to I-81 north to the rte 17 west/I-81 split in Binghamton (kamakazi curve). Then you're only about 12 miles from my house. The wife's in NYC until Friday so we could scratch and belch all we want. I've got a 12 pack of Corona hid out in the garage so my teenagers can't find it.......bring your own limes. I could show you the McDonalds that was built where Gareth grew up.....after they bulldozed the Gareth homestead...........lol

...........BTW........we've got our own Cracker Barrel now in case you need a chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

...you shoulda taken the jeep with ya, you coulda broken it good on the real trails up north instead of the play hills yalll got down here. ;-)))

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

"Tim Rogers" wrote

... but from my experience in a New York Cracker Barrel*, if you want grits when you order the Old Timer's breakfast you'll have to make a special request. :-D

*somewhere between Syracuse and the Canadian border, I don't recall exactly where.
Reply to
Scott H

I'd be tempted to make the drive except that my older sister who lives in Michigan is getting up at 4:30am tomorrow to make a trip down to NC to visit my family and I haven't seen her in 3 years. When I'm finished with the network stuff ("Can you hear me now?") early tomorrow morning, I'm going to come back to the hotel and get 4-5 hours of sleep and then head home. I drove up here because I hate flying. It's about a 6 1/2 hour drive, so I should be getting to my house a couple of hours after my sister does. Actually I was hoping at first that I'd only be here one night rather than two and was going to drive to NYC just to say I'd been there and then head home but since it's taking two nights instead I'll have to postpone visiting NYC.

Reply to
Shaggie

Sorry, already broke in on the NC trails. I'm about 90% sure that after I fix it this time, it's going up for sale.

Reply to
Shaggie

..........That was probably Watertown, not far from where I was born.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Wuss.

:P

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Mmmmhhh.. what? Waterheadtown?

:D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 01:02:22 -0500, Anthony Iannone ran around screaming and yelling:

anything is possible...practical is relative/subjective... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

"Tim Rogers" wrote

That rings a bell ..... I do believe that was it.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H