Re: 97 Golf 1.8

WTF? IMHO they're your best transportation bang for the buck. My mom

>bought an '86 back in the late 80's for like $3K and is still driving >it. Had one paint job and only minor rust evident. if you take care of >them they will last. *almost* as simple as an ACVW but has things like >A/C, stereo etc. > >nate
70 bug bought in 83 for $600. Oil changes, brake shoes, seat covers replaced as needed. Maybe $500 spent on that. Oh yeah, it has A/C and a stereo, etc. 401K miles.

Come back and brag in 2021 if it's still running, m'kay?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Reading this thread this morning makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Shag, have your hands healed yet?

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

They're doing much better, thank you. *batting eyelashes*

Reply to
Shag

Please note, Drew -- rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled is NOT the place for discussions involving a watercooled Golf. In short, if it's got a radiator, it don't belong here.

Thanks for your consideration. Jim O'Malley

Jim O'Malley (KCIT/KCPN)