Re: A Post, Front Xmember and Step sill picture needed! New crossmember2.JPG (01/01)

Hi again,

> For those who missed it last time it's a 1968 type 2 bay window Kombi. > > I now know how to repair the A post! > I just need to know how the A post, front cross member and step sill come together. > The reason I'm having trouble with this is that the front cross member

that I got fron GSF

seems short on the back. The front stiffener ( the back piece of the

cross member section)

is about 4 inches short of the distance to the A post. I can't tell from

the other side of the

bus because thats been repaired with patches. > Is there supposed to be just a sheet of steel added between the A post > and the back of the front Xmember? or does the step sill have a piece that > goes past the A post to the back of the Xmember? I haven't got the step sill yet so I'm > not sure what one looks like. > I'v attached an image of the back of the Xmember so you can understand what I'm > talking about and tell me if it is a manufacturing error or what. > > Any help would be really appreciated. > > Thanks > >

I can send you some pics from my bus and some original vw repair instructions. Discuss this with me offline

Grahame from Australia

Reply to
Grahame Rumballe