Re: Altitude Adjustments

I'm not expert on this, but check this URL for a discussion of jetting:

Best regards,

Rob Housman

Hey everyone...havent posted here in quite a long time! With my '68 > Beetle getting stolen 9 months ago, I decided to replace it. Who can > blame me! Here's my dilemma. I purchased the car from Seattle and I > live in Aspen,CO. The car went from sea level to about 9100' in > elevation. It idles just great but I loose significant power when I > shift into 2nd gear and higher. I know with the lack of O2, I would > see a decrease in power but this is very substantial. I havent made > any adjustments to the carb, timing, etc. Anyone know where I should > begin? > The engine is all stock except converted to 12V. > > Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! > Jason
Reply to
Rob Housman

There was an altitude compensator on some Bugs,................Have had several but never hooked 'em up.

I don;t know if it would be enough of a compensation for that kind of altitude either.

Just a thought to share .

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®