VW 1971 microbus sliding door adjustment

Upon closing, the door stays about a centimeter too much to the right, causing the weatherstrip on the left to be exposed (door on left side, english bus) Is there a way to adjust this? As well, the driver / passenger doors hang over a bit, any solution for that?

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Click on Library. Click on "D" for door (or "S" for sliding), there is an article there. No guarantee it will help...

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Page has an earthlink 404

Bart Bervoets "Speedy Jim" schreef > >

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

With my 72 what i did was (please excuse my non techical discription), the latch on the body that the sliding door lock to (if you're looking at the door its the rear latch) has adjustable allen bolts. If you unscrew the bolts and push the latch away from you (in other words: push the latch toward the inside of the bus), then tighten the bolts in place. You'll notice the next time you close the bus door (sliding and others) it will appear to be flush.

Hope this helps

Reply to
Hippopotabus

Bart Bervoets wrote: Just tried it and working today... Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

latch on the body that the sliding door lock to (if you're looking at the door its the rear latch) has adjustable allen bolts. If you unscrew the bolts and push the latch away from you (in other words: push the latch toward the inside of the bus), then tighten the bolts in place. You'll notice the next time you close the bus door (sliding and others) it will appear to be flush.

On my 71, I close the door (rear weather strip visible) and then turn the handle the *opposite* direction and the back of the sliding door "clicks" tightly into place (pulls in snug). Are you guys talking about that gap still being there after this locking procedure?

Tom

Reply to
Vic20Owner

Hey thats a great idea. I'm going to try that today.

Reply to
Hippopotabus