re:brake calipers

Hello.Does anyone know for sure if the calipers for Ghias,say 66 to 72,can be used on a 72 bus?They sure look the same except for a second bleeder.I only ask because I can get a killer deal on a NOS pair and am in need.Mine can't be rebuilt(1 is siezed,1 is cracked).Steve

Reply to
Ilambert

not sure about them working but i do know that the ones with two bleeders are "universal" for either side...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

They are completely different.

-

Jim Adney

The bodies are certainly universal, but the original calipers used pistons with cutouts on one side. These have to be assembled in a particular orientation, and once assembled they are either lefts or rights, but not both.

Later brazilian replacement calipers did away with the cutouts in the piston faces and were thus fully "universal" as you said.

-

Jim Adney

thanks for the clarification Jim...