Re: Cleaning spark plugs. testing/

worth the effort? I have a few that look good but are used.

IMHO, once the washer/gasket is crushed, it is compromised. I'd not re-use the washer. If you can get some copper replacement washer/gaskets, you can re-use them after annealing them. (Remove washer and heat it to cherry red, cool, replace.)

If you use a sand-blaster to clean the electrodes (only!), a few seconds will do the trick. Longer is likely to lower their lifetime.

I used to give the neighbor boys old plugs. They pretended they were space ships and rockets.

Reply to
John Stafford

Spark plug gaskets are about 50 cents (US) each.

Reply to
John Stafford

And a new bosch super is what, about $1.99 these days? Seems easier to just change the plugs to me :)

Back in the good 'ol days(mid 90's) I used to pick them up for 99 cents each.......

Chris

Reply to
halatos

The Bosch Super spark plug W8AC is not available anymore for the Type I engine.

It has been replaced with the Bosch Super Plus plug WR8AC. You can get them at cip1.com. They say it works just as well.

sells the NGK plugs part number 7534 which isthe NGK B6HS plug for $2.49. But, they are available only online andyou have to add shipping. Aircooled.net recommends the NGK B5HS plug for the stock Type I engine.

Reply to
Jim Ed