Re: dumb question RE: back seat

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 14:33:16 -0400, "Ben Boyle" ran around screaming and yelling:

When I originally got my '74 Super the back rest on the back seat wasn't >attached to anything. I never really worried about it because nobody ever >sat back there. I'm assuming that it must attach somehow to the body. Does >it just bolt in somehow? Sorry for the dumb question, but now that I am >finally starting to get toward the end of getting it back together I need to >have an idea how it should be.

there are two threaded holes(one each side) that the "pivot" bolts to...you need the special bolts for it...i believe(from memory) that the bolt is a 17mm head and has a "shoulder" that the pivot rides on(the shoulder keeps some space so the "pivot" can, well, umm, pivot...LOL) Joey

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On my '71 Super, the back seat is attached with 2 hinges which allows it to be "folded" down.

Ben

"Ben Boyle" wrote:

%When I originally got my '74 Super the back rest on the back seat wasn't %attached to anything. I never really worried about it because nobody ever %sat back there. I'm assuming that it must attach somehow to the body. Does %it just bolt in somehow? Sorry for the dumb question, but now that I am %finally starting to get toward the end of getting it back together I need to %have an idea how it should be. %

Reply to
Ben

Reply to
Ben Boyle

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 14:58:26 -0400, "Ben Boyle" ran around screaming and yelling:

the threaded holes are located in the "corners" just behind where the rear inner interior pannels are located... do you have the bolts that secure it?...don't know if they are "readily" available.... Joey

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Thats the one

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 14:33:16 -0400, "Ben Boyle"> > ran around screaming and yelling:> >
Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 15:07:20 -0400, "Ben Boyle" ran around screaming and yelling:

yes...that is the one(actually two) Joey

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Actually only one on my cars. The other one is more like a pin on the end. Is mine wrong? ;-]

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:40:52 GMT, "\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)" ran around screaming and yelling:

NO, yours isn't wrong...the later models were that way...i do not know when they change over was, so maybe i am giving wrong info here...sorry...but the bolt i described(and ben linked us to) is the at least *one* bolt needed...i am pretty sure the 72 i used for a baja still had two bolts...not sure what my 74 had because i tossed the seat for good when i bought it.... Joey

Reply to
Joey Tribiani