Re: Question for Joey Tribiani re. autostick clutch servo diaphragms

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 17:40:47 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@interlog.com ran around screaming and yelling:

Hi, > >Joey, you replied to me back in July and said that you had problems >with "universal" replacement boots breaking on the clutch servo on >your 71 autostick sb, because they were too tall. The problem was >solved when a vw mechanic found a vw replacement part for you. I >finally had a chance to disassemble the clutch servo on my 69 kg, and >found that the universal boot had torn after only one year. Do you >have any idea where I could get a vw part for it? I have only been >able to find the universal kits. > >Thank you. Richard Addinall

Hello Richard....i can call the fellow and see if he has one, or if he will give up his suppliers name...where are you located? you got lucky if the "universal" lasted a year...i was getting only weeks or even days out of them... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 14:46:16 -0400, Joey Tribiani ran around screaming and yelling:

Richard...Rocky mountain motorworks lists one on their site...i don't know if it is aftermarket "universal" or the real deal...might be a good idea to give them a shout...the price is about half of what i paid about ten years ago, so i'm not sure if it is the real deal or not...but they brag on specializing in OE parts...heres the link:

Joey Tribiani

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 19:43:04 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@interlog.com ran around screaming and yelling:

will do...gived me a couple days... J

Reply to