Re: OT Ongoing cross-posting flame-war

> .................................Why do I say that? > Because there are some people on usenet who are immature enough to do > some really stupid things if you make them look like an idiot in a > flame-war. I mean REALLY STUPID things like deciding to take it upon > themself to contact your employer to try to have you fired by pointing > out the flame war on google to your human resources department after > they mention several names of people who are high up in your company > within that flame war..........snip......................If you're > not in good standing at work and don't have reasonable managers then > you might find yourself looking for a job somewhere else. > >

......................Thanks for the advice Travis. I remember the incident that you're referring to and that guy is still around over at RAMVW. He hasn't posted anything in this thread so far but I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped in at some point before it's over. He's definitely in the despicable category as far as I'm concerned and I'm surprised that RAMVW has tolerated him for so long.

..............I haven't posted anything from where I work since MailGate went out of business(?). Even if I did, the nature of my employer's business is such that they don't care at all about the internet in general or especially what goes on in a USENET flamefest. If I actually made a specific reference to them by name and location, there's a chance that they'd become concerned upon learning about it. The CEO where I work is pretty cool and he even likes my bug! He also knows that they'd have to start recruiting for someone from out of town to replace me.......

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 12:38:04 GMT, "Tim Rogers" ran around screaming and yelling:

I too, remember the "flamewar" that started the situation shag is describing...but i welcome one and all to contact my "boss" about my during work posting...he may tell em to go, well, um, f*ck themselves...no wait...i can do that here, and save em a call...buuuhhhhahahahhwhwhehheehhshshhwehehehwhwhwhwawawa J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani