Re: Stock Camshaft

Kevin wrote

I'm just curious, what is a 1300 dp stock camshafts, duration and value >lift?
1300 only came sp, iirc.

- Rick

********************

I put the ick in Rick

Reply to
Rick

On 21 Sep 2003 15:03:18 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com.net.org (Rick) ran around screaming and yelling:

in the USA it was a one year only engine(66) and it was only available as a single port, but never forget that vw's sold worldwide, and many places(europe) have major penalties for larger engines, hence the multitude of 1200 and 1300 engines sold there....and the dual port design was passed on to the 1300's to get the most out of the little engine.... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 20:05:25 +0200, "Kevin" ran around screaming and yelling:

hehe...i left that "guess" out of my reply because i don't know...i just wanted to comment on what i do know...so maybe someone here knows....? J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Joey Tribiani wrote

Interesting. Thank you.

- Rick

******************** I put the ick in Rick
Reply to
Rick

The autosticks use a different cam profile. Bus engines I don't know about, it would make sense to me that they would use a more "torquey" cam. A rev limiter distributor rotor can also be found on some T2 engines originally.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

huh?

Reply to
Masqqqqqqq

Thanks, I suppose that makes sense, as being automatic they'd require the torque similar to the buses. The reason I'm asking is I'm looking at rebuilding my current engine to a 1776 dp, but I'm concerned as to whether or not I should change or regrind my cam, originally out of a 1300 engine. I won't be reving above 5000rpm much and would need a powerband around

3000-4000rpm?

Thanks again Regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin