Re: 73 type 2 idle problems

"Olli Lammi" wrote in news:bkijni$nb2$ snipped-for-privacy@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi:

73 auto Westy"
Reply to
Marcel

...well even in the US, many years have passed since these cars rolled out of the factory....many parts have been interchanged. You can never trust the book blindly....always check dizzy nnumbers against chart to fuind year of distributer and time accordingly. Also on type one engines do not make the mi9stake of assuming the timing marks on the pulley correspond correctly. there were several pulleys offfered with differing marks...ALWAYS confirm TDC preferabely withj a positive stop device for accuracy and mark the pulley accordingly.... =-))

..Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Gary Tateosian wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Hi Gareth,

My alternative tot the Bentley is the Haynes manual. Don't know if you have seen one lately, but it looks like a photocopy of a photocopy. Not good quality at all.

Good point, I have the distributor number, is there an online chart I can find the year of the distributor?

The engine is a type 2, does the positive stop devide still apply. Well more to the point... what is a positive stop device?

Cheers Marcel

Reply to
Marcel

Gary Tateosian wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thank you very much. When I read the serial numbe off the distributor I came up with 231 168 005. Can't find a xxx 168 xxx, can find a 181 so I guess that is what I have. I'll search on that information now.

Anything that Rev Hoover says should work. :) Will give it a go ASAP.

Yes thank you for your assistance.

Much appreciated.

Marcel

Reply to