Re: Where To Buy Auto-Stick Engine Tools? / Parts?

> Where can I buy a special autostick gland nut removing tool? (no flywheel, so > no torque meister / master) Is their an alternative rather than the cheaters > bars. I put so much weight trying to remove the gland nut that it snapped a > brand new Craftsman 3/4 breaker bar. > >

...............I hope Muadib doesn't read this but I'd try an impact wrench. If the crankshaft still 'rings' afterwards, reinstall the new gland nut with a torque wrench but you'd still have figure out how to lock the crank from turning at that point...........maybe with a socket & breaker bar on the pulley bolt.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

"ANDREWBA" wrote

You might want to check out the VW Automatic registry here:

There's some tech info there, along with a forum.

hth

Reply to
Scott H.

"ANDREWBA" wrote

You might want to check the VW Automatic registry here:

There's some tech info there, along with a forum that might be of some help.

hth

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.