Re: Year of the Blog

Has the effort been worth-while? If you mean financially, no. But as

> a means of disseminating information, I think the blog has been a > success. >

sorry the income part has not been up to snuff, but the world surely appreciates the information you are sharing freely....come on folks click a link and give Bob something for all his time and experiences...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

While the thought is appreciated I would prefer you did not. Such false click-throughs are not only unethical, they're prohibited by the Blogspot TOS. That would turn me into another Mario and the world seems to have too many of them as it is.

-Bob Hoover

Reply to
Veeduber

i see your point, Bob...sorry....okay..i'll rephrase, folks click the sponsor links if you think you may be interested in their product....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

That's just as bad. When a blog runs along for a year earning less than a dollar a day then suddenly jumps up to twenty-five dollars a day, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that someone is trying to cheat the system.

Odds are, Google will simply shut down the blog.

-Bob Hoover

Reply to
Veeduber

I suggested the same thing as Joey regarding ads on your blog but will follow your wishes in this matter of clicking ads *solely* to increase ad revenue generated by your blog page.

However, in the future I will look a little more closely at the ads on your blog (by default I tend to tune out *all* ads on *all* webpages) and if I see something that actually *does* interest me I will click on it and check it out. I think this is a morally defensible position. All I'd be doing is turning off my normal "filter out all ads" mental setting and if I see something of actual interest I'd click on it and take a look. This is in fact what Google and the advertisers want to happen. The fact that it would help out (however slightly) a long time VW enthusiast and resource would be just a happy convergence of Google's, the advertisers' and your (perhaps minor) interest.

Thanks for all your contributions and help for the VW community.

Best Regards,

Reply to
Leopold Stotch

hadnt' thought of it that way.... I'm in the same boat as Leopold, in that i tend to tune out the ads... there are ads everywhere i click these days......

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I'm trying to get my user ID from my ISP back in Finland so I can continue using their server... ad free. I get it for free on top of my DSL connection THERE. Which is being used by my sister now. After a hard drive crash, I haven't been able to log in, because the UID and PWD were on that drive.. argh.

Jan

Reply to
Jan