rebuild, yay!

Okay, so i finally got a day off work and tore my engine down, im going to rebuild it by myself.. this will be my first aircooled motor self built. im looking to go a bit bigger than stock something beefy but not stupidly insane. since im new to the aircooled world, im not sure really which brands are top notch.. ive heard nothing but good about SCAT so far, but that covers my cam and crank only. what about P/C setups? and heads? should a get prebuilt or get some blank ones and build them myself? money isnt an issue since im gunna be building slowly, i want to use nothin but the best. suggestions please.. =)

Reply to
Brian Hirt

I have read on this newsgroup to stay away from GEX engines.

These are some good places to get parts: aircooled.net -always good parts and advice oeveedub.com -pricey but really good parts cip1.com cbperformance.com

- Mid America Motorworks Technical:
-Rob and Dave's Aircooled VW Pages
-Speedy Jim's Home Page-electrical help

Reply to