rechroming bumper parts - ghia, north florida?

would anyone care to say what price they paid for having some ghia (or other) bumper parts rechromed? I'm trying to get a "rough feel" wether or not I'd be better off just buying some used bumper parts with 'fairly decent' original chrome....the more specifics you can provide, the better. not sure having three bumperettes rechromed (@ unknown $ each by chromer unknown, sending parts by UPS for estimates...) would be better than just buying used ones at a VW show or something....be glad to hear of any chromer anywhere in continental USA providing great (or good reliable) work at appealing prices...

alternately, would love to hear from anyone (by direct e-mail, please) having some 'fairly decent' used ghia rear bumper parts (north FL or soutern GA location a big plus): need all three rear blades, both upright bumprettes, and other stuff...minor dings OK, rust "flowers" not OK, minor 'spider webbing' to the chrome OK...

thanks to all :-)

dave

Reply to
dave

I got a price of $350 to rechrome all the part for one bumper (in NJ). The big part of the cost is the stripping, filling, polishing and buffing of the steel BEFORE the actual plating process. Even if the parts are just pitted they require polishing and buffing the bare steel. It's the prep labor that costs. Depending on the condition of your bumper parts, it may be worth it. A whole bumper assembly from KGPR is about $1K.

Reply to
Mel P.