Rent/Borrow Uni-syn?

Anyone in the Lower 48 got a Uni-syn that I could rent or borrow? I have a UPS account and could arrange for them to drop by and pick it up, or I could provide my account number and you could drop it off at a UPS depot and ship it with freight charged to me.

I would ship it back when finished.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

May I recommend a free alternative? Set your intermediaries at the same position. Cut a piece of 1/4" (or smaller) tubing to about 18". Put one end in (or close) to your ear, and the other end at the throat of the carb. Set idle on each carb until the sound is exactly the same.

Reply to
jjs

I have a good used one I'll sell you for $15.

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

You gotcherself a deal. See your e-mail.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

And I'll wager that's every bit as good as using a measuring device. But I'm a geek. I like measuring devices.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Reply to
ilambert

All /what/ tools? I got me a front pulley puller, a clutch alignment thingy, a tach/dwell meter, a timing light, and some metric sockets and end wrenches from Harbor Freight. Oh, well, a little $80 drill press, some misc screwdrivers and pliers and things. Some drive-on 7'' car lifts, an ATV lift to put under the engine. A couple voltmeters and quite a lot of electronics-related hand tools. My garage is a one-car unit and my VW repair stuff is in a couple of cardboard boxes and a plastic tool box. That Uni-sync will probably cause the door to blow off the garage and all the stuff to tumble onto the driveway with a clatter.

Is that a lot of tools?