Replacement VIN#???

Okay. I've got the bus, I've got the title, I've got the registration... The VIN# on the passenger seat back is correct, the # on the drivers side pillar is correct, the # in the engine compartment is correct. Somebody replaced the dashboard after an electrical fire so the windshield VIN# is incorrect PLUS it's held on with screws - not the special rivets. WSP siezes vehicles that have any indication of VIN# tampering.

All that said, does anybody know of a source for replacement VIN#'s and the OEM rivets? There's GOTTA be a legit source (doesn't there?)

Yes, there are alternatives. I can have the WSP inspect it and assign it a WSP VIN#. It then is no longer the vehicle it may or may not have been, it is a "WSP######..." Kinda like taking it's identity away in order to give it one.

The next problem I'll be facing is that the engine compartment number goes away during the engine conversion and the passenger side seatback gets cut off with any custom seat installation. The drivers side pillar # has already been painted over.

Yes, there is yet another alternative, but I don't think I'd better post it! I may just end up swapping parts between the two buses and only one will survive - which is likely anyway due to the rate at which it is rusting away (Damned volcanoes, anyway!)

Any ideas on a source for a replica VIN# plates?

-BaH

Reply to
Busahaulic