Rust prevention....

What can I put on the floor pans and extra luggage area to keep them from rusting? Where do I get the stuff? And can I paint over it to match the color of my car or make it black (if it isn't already black).

Soon I will have the extra luggage piece out of the 72 Supper and ready to weld in my 71 but I want to coat it and paint it first. Will post pics in another thread.

Reply to
Noice87

that all depends on current condition of the pans. How about POR 15? It's a bit pricy but you can apply it with a paint brush. I think you can paint it, or there might be another flavor that is paintable. Btw how are you going to weld already painted panel? clean it up before welding. Coat and paint once it's in place. Other wise you will end up doing same work twice and in the car.

Anton

Noice87 wrote:

Reply to
anton

A local welding shop is going to do it for me.

As far as POR-15 I've been told they are having it on sale but I haven't looked yet.

My pan already has some holes and I was just going to cover them up with POR-15 or whateverelse and then paint over that

Reply to
Noice87

I've tried both POR and RustBullet.

RustBullet seems to fill little nooks and crannies better and you can paint right over it. POR requires their special pre-primer. Both make an extremely hard finish.

Remco

Reply to
Remco