Seat Belt Question

Under the carpet of my 63, I have located a place to mount seat belts on either side of the tunnel. Can someone tell me what size bolt will fit there? They are much larger than any of the late model bolts I have.

Max

Reply to
Max

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:39:14 GMT, Max left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Probably the size bolt I took out when I removed the lap belts from my '63 a couple of days after I bought it. d'oh

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.The statements above reflect my own opinions and experiences and nothing more.I don't pretend to be a professional mechanic, politician, philosopher,attorney, or chiropractor.Take any advice in this post at your own risk, and with a grain of salt."Milk is for babies. Beer is for men." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Reply to
travis

Oh well. I'll visit my favorite hardware store tomorrow and try a few.

Thanks anywho.

Reply to
Max

If its anything like on my later bug, its a "different to anything" size. I tried various metric bolts to no avail. It seems like a finer pitch than normal, maybe for extra strength? I had to find a pair of originals in the end.

Good luck.

Reply to
Neil

Turns out you are close. 7/16 is the standard seatbelt thread for later VWs.

But 1962-1965 Beetles, and 1962-1967 Buses came with a monstrous 22mm thread. Fortunately, WW makes this nifty adaptor:

Thanks, all!

Reply to
Max

Reply to
Lloyd McClelland

I just ordered some from Wolfsburg West, along with some Boge shocks. But thanks!

Max

Reply to
Max