seat help

Hello All,

Have any of you done a successful (read that as they fit and work well) transplant of aftermarket seats such as the Scat Procar Rally or Rave, or seats from another car into a VW Beetle? Our sedan is a 1969 model and I placed some of the wonderful Sport Seats from an A1 Jetta in there only to find out that they are too wide for the car at 22 1/2" to fit and still allow access to the handbrake lever and the heater controls (assuming I could work through the mounting hassles).

That leaves me with seats from another car or aftermarket seats. Many aftermarket setups are a bolt-in, but it's a lot of money to lay out on a whim. Most other cars are lots wider inside that a beetle so the choices at the junkyard are probably limited. I would like to end up with a race-style seat such as the VW/Recaro type so that lets out the Pro-90 and others of that type as they do not have the high side bolstering.

Does anyone have any direct experience with this, or a link to some photos on the Net that could help?

Regards, Mark Petrush.

Reply to
Mark Petrush

No pics? :-( I need to put a set of seats in my baja project. It is missing the original mounting braket so it's open 4ideas...

in. The setup is awesome. way more comfortable then stock. and theyadjust
Reply to

Reply to
Ant