Should have ordered reverse!

Next - did y'all know I've been running my new car without reverse _all this time_? It's a bitch, I tell ya! Shoulda ordered a reverse gear. :) Seriously, I'm still contemplating how I can get at the tranny cone without removing the engine and tranny. Maybe move it all back? I have 18" free backspace. Thinking, thinking, procrastinating.

Reply to
J Stafford

my first year or more with my squareback was spent without reverse. I remember the difficulty of always having to park so that I could pull out. When I visited friends who lived in Chicago near the lake, the streets in their area all had a nasty slope down to the curb; I had to pull up, turn the wheel, and stick my foot out of the door and push to manuever the car into a position which would allow me to roll back into the spot. In Chicago traffic, that wasn't much fun.

Reply to
mez

Try getting a diaphram working in a carb on a BMW in the middle of an intersection in downtown Lausanne Switzerland on Lake Geneva. I had that carb all apart and didn't have a clue as to what I was doing. That was a heck of a day!