Sound like starter problem?

I have been having problems with the starter in my 12 volt converted '66 Bug. Starter turns slow and not all when the engine is warm. I switched batteries so I know it is not the battery. I crossed the starter terminals as recommended by Speedy Jim in yet another starter post, starter still turns slow. I cleaned up both my pos and neg batter cables at the terminals, still turns slow. I guess that would clearly indicate a starter problem, but whenever they have gone out before the starter does not turn at all. The slow thing is weird, to me. But what do you guys think? SOund like the starter slooooowly giving up the ghost??

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

On 22 Sep 2003 02:52:33 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (Braukuche) ran around screaming and yelling:

possible....but before you yank the starter make sure your groundstrap from the framehorn to tranny is in good shape and makeing good contact. J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Reply to
Ant

My voltmeter is broken, so I have no idea. I think I will just check the ground strap and if that is sound, replace the starter.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche