Steering box end-play tool

I need a tool to adjust the end-play on my various type-1 steering boxes. The plan is to acquire a bolt of the correct size to fit the inside of the end-play adjuster, cut the head off the bolt and simply weld an arm to it. What size bolt would work?

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Or simply buy one of the chain-saw tools at home depot or ace...

Max Welt> I need a tool to adjust the end-play on my various type-1 steering

Reply to
Dane Tyler

... shouda googled first. ;-)

This came with my chainsaw. Turns out the mig end is just the right size.

http://66.225.214.60/misc/steeringboxendplay.JPG Thanks to Pete Snyders ramva post back in July.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton