Stupid question time so please forgive!

On most if not all cars especially the vintage Bug, Was the paint job a single stage paint, no clear coat? Just polished after drying and left at that.

I am repainting my chopped 66 myself and using a single stage paint. I polished out the hood today and for a beginner, it doesn't look too bad. I did the same on my deck lid and our painter at work put a clear coat on it too. IT really! looks good.

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike West

the paint used to paint the aircooled VW's did change over the years but most were done with a very lead base acrilic single stage. and was reduced with thinner (ace-tone) PPG makes a good single stage paint called "Concept" that they can match original colors well and it holds up very well.

Mario Vintage Werks Resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

oh hey that's a good question . thanx for the answer to that one. after putting on new disc brakes i didn't know what to do about paint!

keep the info coming raul

Reply to
slugbug