Synchro shot?

Hello everyone! Just got a couple of weeks off, so it's time to work on the bugs. New turn and tail light assemblies arrived for the '71 from ACN (look great) and will be installed soon. But there's something else bothering me. The new bug ('70 Standard) runs just great for a 1300 sp, but whenever I try to downshift to 2nd, it makes a grinding noise before engaging. If I'm shifting slowly, or if i'm not reving fast, It just shifts normally (more or less). I tried pushing a little into 1st and then shifting to 2nd, it worked acceptably. So, I think the synchro is shot (shift rod bushing is shot also).

Is there an easy way to fix this? or should I take it to a pro?

Reply to
Karls