TECH - 72 Super, gas pedal comes loose - why?

Ok, this little bugger has a totally new trick. THe cable keeps popping off the gas pedal arm. It does this now with great regularity. It seems the prior owner had wrapped copper wire around the cable and arm to keep it in place. Is it missing a special clip or is the "S" turn need to be rebent?

I went through my resto catalogs and no clip is shown for the pedal rebuild kits...

Thanks for any info!

Reply to
Barnhart Pinball

I find bending the accelerator arm back in the direction of the tunnel will fix this problem. Some need to to have the holes weldedand re-drilled.

Mario Vintage Werks resto.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Yes rebend the accelerator cable arm, make sure that it is properly adjusted so that it does not strain when at WOT and moves freely in and out of it's tube. Also I usually bend the accelerator tube away from the tunnel just a little. Works for me! Or use some bendable wire to secure the cable to the arm. That can work too.

later, dave (One out of many daves)

I find bending the accelerator arm back in the direction of the tunnel will fix this problem. Some need to to have the holes weldedand re-drilled.

Mario Vintage Werks resto.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1