the best engine source

Hey all,

I'm interested in obtaining a type 1 engine. I've seen some supplier's on the web that sell 1600 to 2180 cc engines, new or rebuilt.

Are there some suppliers to avoid?

Which ones have the best reputations for delivering quality new/rebuild type 1 engines?

Thanks.

Reply to
SockPuppet

Hmmm...I once had my engine rebuilt by a guy in Waco. I wonder if his shop is still there. Can't remember the name of it or the exact location though. Oh well.

Mario. GEX.

How about a factory longblock from Aircooled.net?

Michael Cecil

GEX!!!!!

Reply to
Karl

Where are you located? Maybe someone can recommend someone nearby?

Aircooled.net?http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/viewproductdetail.php?keyword2=ESE00...> --

Cecil

southeastvw