Oil Pumps with filter mounting boss?

Are these ok, or are they the death of the oiling system, as Berg would have one believe? I know that modifying the case for full-flow is considered the best option, but are these pumps ok? I've seen them on some MexiBeetles (esp. the engines with hydraulic lifters) and advertised by a few manufacturers as well. Given my new-found disgust with the quality of aftermarket parts (as compared with the originals), I'm not sure I'd put one on anyway, but I'm always interested in lifting the veil of ignorance, when at all possible. So any enlightenment, for or against, would be appreciated.

Gary

Reply to
Gary

Ben Boyle

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:16:21 -0400, "Ben Boyle" ran around screaming and yelling:

Joey Tribiani

Thanks Ben and Joey - I'll check out Hoover's site, and look into the OEM pump.

Thanks again,

Gary

Joey Tribiani wrote:

Reply to