The most fun I've had recently

Getting onto the freeway on a rather tight curve I look in the rear-view and what do I see but some monster SUV tail-gating . Well, true to the rear engine world I enter the curve down shifting into 3rd and slowing, as they get even closer, I punch the little 1776 cc motor and ... they never caught up . It was the most fun you can have with your pants on. tho, I had the feeling the 135's on the front were starting to lose it.

Reply to
VFW,

Scared the .... out of me. Went from a series of undergeared, grossly understeering British cars to 1300 Beetle. First major corner and did my usual handful of steering wheel turns and waited for the thing to answer the helm . Instantly going at right angle to road, tucked in rear end and eventually fishtailed off down the road. Realised then my driving style needed a change!!! John

Reply to
John