VW Winter meet, Finland

Very cool! Are the laps timed? It looks like just good clean drifting for us aircooled folk.

Max

Reply to
Max

Wow! So many ACVWs! Of course, up here in the Tropics of Minnesnowta, the Land of 10,000 lakes, we plow roads on the lakes and commute across them during the Winter. I guess it's no accident that so much of our population is of Norwegian ancestry. Northerners! I tell ya!

-- jjs - Irish, French and Native American

Reply to
John J Stafford

In my home town they race motorcycles on the ice . Sarnia ont. can..

Reply to
LeRoy

Very nice, too see so many nice VWs , At the same time I'm glad I'm not there. Too damn cold for me.

Reply to
DogDiesel

Reply to
DogDiesel

Here, too. Every February we have auto and motorcycle races on the big lake. The motorcycle races are sanctioned competitions. You get more traction on ice with those studded tires than you can get on concrete with modern tires. It's a very, very rough sport!

Reply to
John J Stafford