the right sparkplugs?

Sounds strange to me. Like it's too high a number. The whole marging looks odd to me. Then again I have pretty much moved over to the NGK camp myself.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

you can have the NGK's in my bug... I'm steering clear of them... and one pulled out one of my helicoils... you can have the helicoil too!

Reply to
VWGirl

Consistent quality...

Bosch isn't bad, don't take me wrong. They work ok in most stock applications. I just don't have any. Race engine experience has sort of made me lean towards NGK in all high performance engines.

Jan

Ant wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Hi, today I went to the car parts store and looking at the Bosch catalog we found the recommended sparkplugs for a 1600 beetle engine were WR9D+ with 0.8mm gap. Since neither the guy at the store nor me were experts, but the official Bosch catalog did recommend those I took them, but I would like to know more expert opinions. Am I lucky? Ant

Reply to
Ant

Bosch plugs =W7AC, or7502 NGK plugs =B6HS Champion =rl87yc

Reply to
Zarana-X

.................Your contrariness is remarkable but not unexpected.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Ya know those NGKs are evil! One of them ate my homework! Honest!

Reply to
jjs

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Bosch plugs for stock VW 1600 engines are the W8A, W8AC (copper core, most common today and I stock them), W8AP (platinum, some love them some hate them....)

-

Jim Adney

"Jan" wrote

I've always used Bosch W8AC plugs in my '72 (1600dp). Next tune up I'm probably going to try some NGKs since it seems so many people swear by them these days.

Here's a handy dandy cross reference chart to cross several types of plugs to NGKs:

Bosch W8AC = NGK B5HS

Bosch numbering system:

The number systems for Bosch and NGK are opposite to each other: Bosch = the higher the number, the hotter the plug NGK = the lower the number, the hotter the plug

-- Scott

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

Now THOSE numbers I recognize!

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Every ACVW driver has his/her opinion as to which spark plug to use. But as for me, in something close to 10 years I've been using Autolite 4123 plugs in our mostly stock 1600dp engines. Of the 4113 if you find a set without the static resistor.

YMMV.

Reply to
Jerry Johnson

I use Bosch W8AC for 31 years :-) I have a AB engine (1285cc DP)

Joao

<372262