Thermostat

I recently located a thermostat that was new in the box but it had expanded, I assume, because the seal had failed somewhere. It doesn't have any physical damage and no visible cracks in the diaphram. I was thinking that maybe the solder on either the top or bottom was weak. Has anyone ever repaired one of these? I assume that it must have had a vacuum of some sort in it in order to help keep it compressed.

>>Mike
Reply to
Mike64Bug

Vacuum, and some fairly volatile, easily evaporating alcohol inside. I don't know what, or how much of it. Once it's gone, you can't fix it at home.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

That's what I was afraid of. It's a fairly simple device. I'd like to see how it was done.

Reply to
Mike64Bug