Tiny bit of resto work - pictures

I wanted to get rid of some of the surface rust so I broke out the drill with a wire brush wheel, some sandpaper, some white Rustoleum rattle-can paint and some chrome rattle-can paint. Personally I think the Rustoleum white looks better than the cheesy chrome and am thinking seriously of painting the entire car in rattle-can Rustoleum white. Here's a couple of pictures. I'm really not diggin' the chrome paint thing.

rust vs Rustoleum white -

white vs cheesy chrome -
after removing surface rust with wire wheel -
chrome on the car -

Shag

Show us the same thing about a year from now. It's a loosin battle, Shag. Rust comes from the backside up.

I'll post some pics of my '58 just to make you miserable. Soon.

Reply to
John Boy

Entropy. I like BC Powder to deal with my own. No need to quit fighting something just because it fights back. I guess I could always *cut* the rust out. ;-)

Reply to
Shag

Yeah - that always works... cut the rust out...

I just redid the piece under the glass bubbles on my headlights... big difference... i sanded them down and resprayed them not white but that hammered metal silver... will have to take pics tomorrow.

although I did start on the underside of the gas tank area with POR-15...

engine bay already done
will finish the underside of tank so I can get the new wire harness in and get the driveline back in ... back on the road soon...

Reply to
dragenwagen

thank GOD you are wearing clothes.... a bit worried now that you live out in the sticks, that any picture that contains a reflective surface could be bad for viewers....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Human skin does not reflect much.. :)

To sad he is beyond the borders of regular guys like me.

Arschlock Bush prevented friendly travels.

We could meet in Canada though.. Jan and "Kid" could bring the toddler to the falls, and the rest of us could laugh at the coloured light setting of the water falls.

Tad tacky but still popular wedding spot??

Have not been there since -81 or -82.

Nawh, did I give my age away??

Would be good to run around Travis's property not worrying about one's appearance (as in nudity or the lack there of..) and firing guns.

Hell yes Travis!

Night blind and deaf on one ear courtesy of the Norwegian Armed forces.

All the best always.

Jørn.

Reply to
Berg

everything reflects in a nice shiney, rust free, chrome hubcap...yikes...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani