Tire Pressure

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

You have one character flaw? That ain't bad. Unfortunately, it's the only character you have. One-note Shag. It would be a pity if you were smart enough to know, but you don't so we all laugh in your place.

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

*tug* *wave*

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

*URP* Pass the beer and shudup. An da Jack Daniels.
Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

My guess is that the string is attached to something down the front of your shorts. You call it 'clown' huh?

Did you get out a magnifying glass and paint a little face on it? Did you put red hair on it or have you already got it red enough? :)

Are you planning on pulling that string all night long?

Lighten up Shaggie. Toke a bowl and relax. :)

Reply to
Dan Smith

My latest tank of fuel gave me a little over 25mpg. I lowered the tire pressure in the front to 20psi. I'll see how it goes on the drive to work tomorrow and measure the results when I fill it up next time.

Chris

Reply to
Hal

How long did that take for the penny to drop !

Spose it took a while to work out before he could reply.

Rich

Reply to
tricky

okay...are you dan in desguise or is reading comprehension a lost art? the altitude/balloon reference was in direct reply to his bogus claim that said "so you are saying i can't pop a balloon by stepping on it"....so it was a GREAT reply to show how HIS example was bullshit.... your user name did not exist until you posted here, so it is very likely you are someone else...ahem.... anyway an out of place example to an out of place example is perfectly acceptible...you don't like it? i don't give a f*ck...we are even....now run along you dumbshit

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

you should know being wrong, you are an expert....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

" >

you say it is the air pressure i say it is surface pressure....so i did not say it wasn't pressure my reading comprehension challenged pet.... you were wrong, now man up and admit it...i won't hold my breath...(nice stealing of the "grade school science" though...)

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

this is not correct...in the case of the balloon you are indeed distorting, but the balloon stretches so the internal "volume' is unchanged...that is my hangup....you seem to know what is going on, and you probably know your original statement was a "stretch" to say the least, you are just trying your damnedest to not admit it...

there is no pressure increase.... you would have to overload the tire beyond what was the subject at hand to *ever* decrease the inside volume....period... you won't make the tire smaller...it will burst first...

again you seem to have the theory, but you are still not quite there.... my tires on my pu contain 50psi cold.....even when i slap a couple tons of gravel on the back it still has 50psi cold.... this is not just me talking, it is from training and actually measuring tire pressures...something you have done neither of...

distorting the shape has exactly NOTHING to do with it....if you load the tire(which is so far from your original, yet brilliant, statement it apples to oranges) the air is displaced locally in the tire...this causes the pressure to move inside the tire...so localized inside the tire you could have more pressure but the overall read at the guage is the same...wrap your "brain"(yeah right) around that....or get educated on tires....

no need....i breezed through calculus and "tire school"..... you can shove your "opinions" based on shit you don't know about, or what you *think* would happen, straight up your ass.... i have BTDT with the training and the experience....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

i do.... and the above example is just to "trump" your bullshit about stepping on the balloon....you realize it *does* so you don't even answer....nice avoidance...i'd give it a 2 on the troll/dipshit meter...work on that....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

*tug*

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

"Stupid people are funny." - Shaggie

"Joey and Shaggie are hilarious." - Dan

Reply to
Dan Smith

Yes - that's where you went wrong in the case of the balloon. In this case you would have to squash an underrated tire one hell of a lot to burst it. I am sure you have seen it happen at least once.

Yep. Those tires are rated/built to the task. It is too bad the balloon part of the thread was irrelevant to the thread.

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

distorting,

You breezed through tire school? Was that breeze caused by your snoring?

You said, "distorting the shape has exactly NOTHING to do with it...." That means that you believe that when you have a fixed amount of a substance in a container and reduce the volume of the container the pressure stays the same. ARE YOU JOKING??? Have you never heard of an air compressor? Have you never heard of an internal combustion engine? Have you never heard of an air conditioner? Have you never heard of ...

Never mind. You're just making stuff up. You can't really believe this crap you're spewing forth and you can't really be this stupid. You're just messing with me.

Reply to
Dan Smith

Several months ago I had the front end on my '74 standard aligned at a VW shop which has been in business for something like 30 years. Driving the bug afterwards I felt that the front end stability was a bit off, but put that down to the alignment. After several days of this I finally got around to checking the tire pressure (165s, radials) where I was suprised to find that all the tires were now at 32 psi. Made me wonder is someone goofed, or the higher pressure is some new recommendation. But I still adjusted the pressure back to values which are closer to the recommended ones.

Reply to
Just an opinion

dan don't be upset everytime you put your foot in your big mouth...you will have a very unhappy life...take your lumps and go....emphasis on the GO...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

i agree with you on the balloon being irrelevant, that was a spin by dan to try and save face, did not work....BUT according to dan my tires should explode when i drive down the road...they have a MAXIMUM rating of 50psi.... and he says that you can never have more than that...i can gurantee you that when i drive down the road the tires heat up and the pressure goes up a few pounds...then add the weight and according to Dan i should be on my rims by now....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani