Bwah! ha! ha! ha!

Now you're hallucinating!

Reply to
Dan Smith

Bwah! ha! ha! ha!

You're still hallucinating.

Reply to
Dan Smith

are you saying you did not say the following:?:

be careful before you deny it because google archived it....

i wish to challenge it....and i suggest anyone that doesn't believe me when i say the pressure will be the same to do so themselves...its pretty simple to prove you wrong in this instance....and i have....

picture one....my 68 type 1 with the tire jacked off ground(note Marlboro pack under tire for show)

same tire, now on the ground....at least that 400 pounds you speak of, yes?

rear tire, same car, same side.....in the air...same cigarette pack for show

same rear tire, now on ground....i'd say more than 400 pounds of weight have just been placed on it....

as the mythbusters would say......"BUSTED"....

now go f*ck yourself you shit-for-brains....are you Billybadass in desguise?

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Say it ain't so! I'm a little slow, but I think what this all means is that dan was just wrong all along and was pretty rude about being wrong. He just yap yap yapped a lot of crap and then when he realized he was wrong he tried to back-pedal and say clever things like "lighten up." dan, do me a favor and just realize one thing. I care whether you like me or not exactly the same amount as you care whether I like you or not. Get it? ps- You were wrong all along, ass-monkey. Now follow your own advice: lighten up.

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

don't hold your breath waiting for dan to admit he is full of it....but he knows....

this is for him:

Joey Tribiani

nope...but funny you should say that....since it has been an hour and a half since you replied to *this* you should have read the other responce i posted...the one that blew your ass out of the water...yet no reply....i guess you ran off....i don't blame ya....amateur....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

come on Dan...you are letting me down....where is your witty retort(ahem, lame excuse) why your theory was bullshit....oh wait....i know why...because it was....too bad you can't man up....oh well...catch ya in about 8 months when you come back...that seems to be the pattern....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Reply to
ilambert

I used to put 70psi into my race tires(hoosier) and put them in the sun to "grow" them to the size i needed for the proper stagger for my car....my qualifying pressures were 8-10psi higher than the start of the race pressures....i miss those days...i should build me up another BMW for the track...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I know it has nothing to do with this thread, but it reminds me of news articles many years ago where people were killed inflating or installing truck tires on "split rims". The rim or something exploded. What was that all about?

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

split rims are as the name implies, split...usually two pieces but sometimes three..(center section and outter "beadlocks"...)....they are used on heavy equipment....very dangerous to the tire installer(can fly apart and severly injure or kill the person inflating/assembling them)....do a google search and you will have more than you ever cared to know, i'm sure...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sat, 7 May 2005 11:40:46 -0400, "Joey Tribiani" scribbled this interesting note:

They are usually dangerous only when damaged or incorrectly installed. I know anecdotal evidence isn't statistically valid, but we've never had any issues with the tires and split rims on our 1965 Ford F-700 dump truck. For what that is worth (which ain't much!:~)

John Willis

..............So you do too know that Ford trucks are built Ford tough! Aren't you one of the ones here that once said that chevie trucks are better?

gotcha

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

very much true John....but it can be hard to make sure everything is lined up...some use wires to hold the bead ring in place and they can pop loose....most people put them into a protective "cage" when inflating...too much pressure can cause a Kabooom too.....i guess it could be said, as with most things, when done properly all is "good"....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sat, 07 May 2005 17:37:01 GMT, "Tim Rogers" scribbled this interesting note:

Depends on what time period you are talking about. Comparing a 3/4 ton

1972 Chevy to a 3/4 ton 1980 Ford, and I'll say it all day long that particular Chevy is a better truck than that particular Ford.

In general, over the decades, I've preferred the styling of the Chevy trucks to that of the Ford, although if I found a 1940 Ford Truck in good shape at the right price, I'd buy it. Not sure if I'd keep the original drive train. Might weld in a front clip from some Chevy product and put a good, Chevy V-8 in it along with all the modern accessories!:~)

How do you remember all that stuff about who's posted what so long ago?

John Willis

in a 1/2 ton truck i'd take a chevy anyday....if you need a one ton deisel i'd take a ford powerstroke....had some bad chevy 3500HD with the 6.5T deisel...blech...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

...................Us yankees don't never forget nuthin!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

(I killed the killfile. Missing too good stuff.)

I pulled my landlord's old Ford 1/2 ton out of a ditch. He had three hitches on it, so I figured it was made for towing. The bumper and everything behind the differential came off. I was amazed to find it was all just a wimpy little I beam.

Reply to
JJS

The realy sad part here is that is infact you who are wrong!! You are simply not using an accurate enough gauge...

Simple physics.. And tire design.. Can you agree that cyl By the way, same goes for a baloon, step on it and pressure will increase before it bursts, although on a minute scale..

You all have a good one.

Jørn Berg.

Reply to
P.J. Berg