This is the WRONG PLACE for modern VW discussion, but since they found it and see others getting advice on their watercooled problems, they too will start posting. (If they bothered to really read and study the group for a while, before making their first post, which is what they should have done in the first place, they would have noticed that watercooled discussion is not wanted here... but most people are too lazy or not aware of the online netiquette or courtesy rules...)

SOLUTION:

ANY time someone asks any advice for his watercooled vehicle, DO NOT GIVE VALID ANSWERS.

Instead, kindly redirect them to the appropriate group at rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

That is THE ONLY CORRECT AND ACCEPTABLE ANSWER.

I know many of us know a lot about watercooled cars and would like to be friendly and help out, but it really is hurting this group. Do not reply with a tech answer in here, redirect the discussion and write your reply in the watercooled group, so the search engines could return valid results and we can be left alone with our aircooled content.

This will also be a great help for the original watercooled poster, us showing him or her where the right place is for his questions now and in the future. This is as much a favor to them as it is to ourselves.

Thank you

Jan Andersson I'm still the elected RAMVA leader, so what I say here, is the damn law, so HA! :D

Reply to
Jan

Maybe Aircooled folks should start asking aircoold questions on the watercooled group?

Mac

Reply to
Mac

Very Good advice! I will try to do that in the future. ;-) thanks, dave (One out of many daves)

SNIP

SNIP

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I have an air-cooled type 1 chassis with a fiberglass body, early bus tranny (reduction boxes) and Buick V-6 engine. where should I post questions?

John

Reply to
John Cassara

alt.fan.Heinz57

Reply to
Michael Cecil

oooooh, good idea.... but no crossposting!

alt.twisted-chickens ?

is it really that hard to figure out? if it's aircooled question then here if it's about v-6 engine then somewhere else.

Reply to
anton

..............Why don't you lower yourself very briefly and spell out your point so that those of us with lesser intellectual ability can become enlightened.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

My point was an attempt a humor that evidently failed. My car is a mix of air-cooled early type, 1 late type 1 and non-VW water cooled. It doesn't fit anywhere well. The authors of the Reponses below got-it!

Reply to
John Cassara

So your point was there wasn't a point ?

Randy

Reply to
Randy

the "point" was, that even though his car is (God forbid) watercooled it still fits in this group..... but apparently we shouldn't help John....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Close enough.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

The point is...

... that most of these watercooled questions come from people who are not aware that there is a distinction between air-breathers and water-pumpers. We have to be like the greeter at Wal-Mart and tell them, "No, the item you're looking for is in the far corner of the store... "

Jim /

VWFilms

Our greeter just tells us there are cheap loaves of bread just next to him...

Was under the impression that they nothing beyond the foyer...

James

Reply to
Juper Wort