tour de alps

some pics of our last tour de alpes

Manfred

Reply to
Manfred Braun

Manfred Braun schrieb:

Traveling in Aircooled VWs from Germany to Austria, Italy and back in 5 Days, about 1000 miles great landscape and best weather in the mountains. Climbing up with bug, bus, ghia, thing to the 3798 meter high grossglockner high alpine road. Drive in the Dolomiten over Stallersattel, Antholzer Tal, Pustertal, Passo di Falzarego, Passo Pordoj, Sellajoch, Grödnerjoch, Gardatal and back over the Antholzer Tal and Stallersattel. We also visit the Porsche Constructon Office, the Porsche Museum Pfeifhofer and the Porsche-Park in Gmünd, the Schüttgut with Porsches Burial Place in Zell am See, stop on some "Autoschrauber" on the way and we had much fun.

Manfred Braun

alpes

Great pictures. I went to the album "wolfsburg" and wow what a nice tour of the factory. I, of course, enjoyed seeing the 79 Puma. I have a question for some of you though. On page 5, pict 2266 through

2269 show an engine which seems to have a mechanical dist, bypass filtration, dual carbs and custom exhaust. Pict 2267 shows a close up of a plaque on the engine. Would those who can read it, translate it for me? Thank you. Dennis
Reply to
Dennis

I hope this translation will be suficient:

TDE Motorumbau

-> TDE engine modification

1700-Meteor S

-> I'm not sure but i believe it is an 1700cc engine "type meteor"

VW 1302s/1303s

-> probably a no brainer; superbeetle with stock 1600cc

75 Ps / 4600 U/min

-> 75 Hp at 4600 Rpm

Leihgabe Theo Dekker Essen

-> Issued by Theo Dekker in Essen (TDE)

Roger

Reply to
bug '59

alpes

if you like Pumas, the Puma COI Europe was on our 2005 Stone Grandstand Meeting

Hi Dennis,

this is a engine from (Theo Decker Essen),

the history of TDE Tuning (in german)

TDE tuning was foundet in 1958 in Essen-Borbeck, the end was in 1980. about 2001? the reopened for some special parts.

2003 Memminger rebuilt a old DTE Car
The Deckers also operate the ACB-Verlag (ACB publishing).
see also the shop on
Manfred
Reply to
Manfred Braun

alpes

german)

Car

publishing).

also the shopon

Thank you for all the information. I enjoyed the Puma club site and all the great cars in their gallery. Thank you for the engine info as I agree with most of the modifications. Dennis

Reply to
Dennis