Re: We're alive!

>> BTW, does anyone know, is Kidd and Jan ok in Florida?

>>=20 >> I expect they are fine since this latest hurricane just did a bunch of >> raining and flooding but it did cause many power outages. >>=20 >> Do you think they'll mind some darkness? > >Well, I thought they were both lights-on-people. ;) > > >

For your information, Jan used all the duct tape patching the crack in the kid's pool outside.... We're fine. Power went out for an entire 30 minutes. There's a *lot* of damage in town. We got lucky again. Hopefully our luck will continue as Ivan makes his way here. We were talking about leaving this time. We're all a little tired of being stuck in the house and as Jan found out, I'm *not* the person you want to be stuck with when I get cabin fever. I don't know if we'll go or not. We don't have the money to stay in a hotel in GA for 3 or 4 days so we'll probably stay home. There's a pine tree on the corner of the house that was shifting at it's base with Frances and somehow it held out. I don't think it will withstand another storm so hopefully I can get Jan to cut it down or prayer will keep it standing. If not, it's going to come through the living room. Keep your fingers crossed! BTW, we don't put any planning into whether the lights are on or off... ;)

Kidd What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale? A northern fairytale starts out "Once upon a time..." A southern fairytale starts with "Ya'll ain't gonna believe this shit..."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Glad to hear you 2 are fine and I'm sure Jan does not mind being stuck in the dark with you. Hum kind of like it was planed...lol

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

-Amen ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

LOL

I'm not complaining...

(She'd beat me up, that's why ;) )

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

WHAT?????????????? this last hurricane was just raining and flooding?????? i don't know who said that, but you're crazy... our town got TRASHED... I got a nice ding in my orange bug, I lost an oak tree in the back yard sitting next to TEN VW's (it luckily fell the other way) and I have a tree about to fall on my house... NOT TO MENTION I didn't have power for a WEEK...

pics of hurricane stuff here:

many pics and stuff cause my camera requires batteries and i haverechargeable type and well, they went dead on sunday last week andididnt have power then... will take some more pics cause there arestill a bunch of tress down and mine is still on it's way down... i'm just glad i have ac and can take a hot shower and do laundry and cook hot food now!

Reply to
Lauren

Looks like you live in a jungle environment, Lauren.

Cuttin' back some of those trees is probably not a bad idea anyway.

Good to know you can still bitch about it and aren't dead.

A few people weren;t quite as lucky.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

a jungle environment???? maybe cause of all the trees and stuff that is on the ground no... i have maybe 15 tree in my yard... minus the one that fell and the one that needs to come down... i would hardly consider that a jungle... i have more cars than i do trees...

my trees ARE cut back... not all of those pics were MY property... some were neighbors and friends places... mine were mostly of the tree with the big crack that is hanging over my house and the onethat is fallen over in the back near the vws

i know you missed me :-D

i know how lucky i am... even to have only gone a week with out power is quite lucky... and if i manage to make it through all this WITHOUT having the tree fall on my house i will be quite fortuneate!

you don't, it's its.

likewise yours

Reply to
Lauren

I wouldn't go quite that far....................